National Siblings Day is April 10 and if you can’t get together with your family you can still be a part of the celebration. Now more than ever we need to find new ways to stay connected with loved ones near and far and technology has been here to help. The Echo Show 10 provides a way to show your brothers and sisters you are thinking of them without leaving the house.
Try these fun commands on National Siblings Day:
1. “Alexa, call my siblings” Echo Show 10 physically rotates to keep the screen in view as you move about the room, which is especially useful during video calls. And, the 13-megapixel, wide-angle camera automatically pans and zoom to keep you in frame. Create a siblings group in the Alexa app and once that’s done, simply say, “Alexa, call my siblings” to start a group call.
2. “Alexa, share this song” A decade ago, you may have burned your brother and/or sister a mix CD. Now, have Alexa do all the work. Let your siblings know you’re thinking about them by sending their favorite song straight to their device. All you have to do is say, “Alexa share this song with Emma,” while you’re listening to the song you want to share. Alexa will send the song to your chosen contact.
3. “Alexa, send a photo” Take a selfie by just saying, “Alexa, take my picture” and easily send it to family members. Just say, “Alexa send this photo to Jessie.”
4. “Alexa, send a hug” Let your siblings know you are thinking about them by sending out a virtual hug.
5. “Alexa, send a message” Ask Alexa to send a personal message to your siblings. Simply say, “Alexa, send a message to Jackie.”
6. “Alexa, open Family Trivia” Brush up on your family history in-person or on a video call with Family Trivia. To begin, create your own family-focused questions, fill in four possible answers, customize how Alexa runs the quiz, pick a name, and get started! Alexa will confirm if your siblings answer right or wrong.
7. “Alexa, show me gift ideas for my sister” Not sure what to get your siblings, and short on time? Ask Alexa to share top recommendations for gifts and add the perfect one to your cart. Or, if you want to be more direct and tell your siblings exactly what they should get you, just say, “Alexa, send my shopping list to Melanie.”
8. “Alexa, add flowers to my Whole Foods shopping cart” If you are planning to see your sibling(s) in person, get a flower bouquet delivered for the occasion.
9. “Alexa, open Celebrate the Day” Celebrate the special occasion—National Siblings Day—with custom cards and personalized images and audio messages. Just choose a theme, record a message, pick a background and send.