In honor of National Oatmeal Cookie Day on Apr. 30, Quaker wants you to know that cookies can be delicious and nutritious! A quarter cup of dry Quaker Old Fashioned or Quick Oats contains one serving of whole grains and makes the perfect addition to cookie dough. Check out this tasty Cinnamon Nut Butter Oatmeal Cookies recipe by Dawn Jackson Blatner, RDN.
Cinnamon Nut Butter Oatmeal Cookie
(Makes 8 cookies)
- 1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup your favorite nut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add egg, nut butter, and vanilla, and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Scoop 8 mounds of the batter onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 minute, until bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven & use the bottom of a glass to flatten each cookie.
- Let cool. Store in a container with a loose fitting lid in the fridge for a week or freeze baked cookies for up to 6 months.